Fall is officially here! The leaves have changed colors, the air is crisp, apple picking season is coming to a close, and pumpkin flavors are everywhere. November is also known for a special time, Thanksgiving – a time when friends and family come together to celebrate love and gratitude. Yet, Thanksgiving is not complete without pumpkin pie! Inspired by a true Thanksgiving classic, the PSL at MuckleyEye takes center stage, especially now.
- 1 ½ oz MuckleyEye Pumpkin Spice Bourbon
- To make pumpkin spice bourbon, let the bourbon steep in pumpkin spice tea bags for at least an hour. The longer it steeps, the stronger the flavor. MuckleyEye uses its own bourbon to create something extra special.
- 1 ½ oz pumpkin puree
- MuckleyEye uses an already sweetened canned pumpkin puree, similar to what is used for pumpkin pie.
- ½ oz coffee
- ½ Dry Curacao
- ¼ oz lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- Combine all ingredients into a shaker.
- Dry shake the mixture. Dry shaking ensures that the egg white combines with the other ingredients.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake the cocktail again.
- Pour cocktail into a glass.
- Garnish with grated nutmeg.
This cocktail screams all things fall and Thanksgiving. The pumpkin puree gives a sweetness to the drink. However, given the cocktail is bourbon-based, it is not overly sweet. The egg white leaves the cocktail smooth and frothy. The Dry Curacao rounds out the pumpkin puree and bourbon. The last to hit is the coffee which leaves a tart but refreshing change of flavor. Every sip is a delight. Even non-pumpkin lovers will fall in love with this cocktail! The PSL is featured on the fall menu which will be highlighted until mid-December. Make sure to visit MuckleyEye before it is gone!