With this specialty cocktail in hand, the month of February just got even sweeter. With all things Valentine’s Day on full display, the Love Martini, brought to us by Just in Old Bridge, is sure to make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside with its passionate red coloring, pink sugar, and heart shaped strawberries on top. Even though Valentine’s Day is only one day a year, this cocktail can be enjoyed for the whole month of February at Just.
- 1 oz Malibu rum
- 1 oz Ketel One vodka
- 1 oz peach schnapps
- 3 oz cranberry juice
- Splash of grenadine
- Splash of lemon juice
- Simple syrup for garnish
- Pink sugar for garnish
- Granulated sugar with a drop of red food dye
- 1 strawberry for garnish
- Put some simple syrup on a small plate.
- Place the lip of the martini glass in the simple syrup and spin a few times to ensure the rim is coated.
- On another small plate, put pink sugar.
- Take the martini glass and place the wet lip of the glass in the pink sugar and slowly turn.
- Wash the strawberry and cut out the stem.
- Cut the strawberry into thin strips vertically. The result will be heart shaped.
- Combine the rum, vodka, schnapps, cranberry juice, grenadine, and lemon juice into a shaker with ice. Shake the mixture.
- Strain the cocktail into the martini glass.
- Float the heart-shaped strawberry slices in the cocktail.
The initial sip of the Love Martini is sweet but not overpowering. While the Malibu and peach schnapps give the cocktail a fruity sweetness, the vodka restrains them while offering a subtle hit. The sweetness does not last long, however, as the cranberry and lemon juice offer a tart yet refreshing ending. Whether it’s a Galentine’s Day movie night in or a romantic dinner with your partner, the Love Martini is sure to make you feel the love in the air!