Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Click here to
sign up for our newsletter!

The Journals are the premier publications for high-quality, hyperlocal news and advertising in Monmouth County, New Jersey

Jul 03, 2019

NJ’s American Dream Mall, Home to Nickelodeon Theme Park, Announces Opening Date

nickelodeon theme park american dream mall nj

Back in February, we posted about the Nickelodeon Theme Park that is coming to New Jersey. The park will be located inside of the American Dream Meadowlands mall in East Rutherford. You’ve been asking when they are opening, and we are excited to finally have an answer! The mall will be opening on Oct. 25.

The American Dream Meadowlands mall is operated by the Triple Five Group. Ran by the Ghermezian family, the group also runs The Mall of America in Minnesota. This latest New Jersey project will be breaking records as it tops the Minnesota location as the largest mall in America.

If you’re wondering what this mall consists of aside from some of the greatest cartoon characters ever invented, we’ve got you covered. Retail will comprise 45 percent of the mall, and the other 55 percent will consist of entertainment locations.

  • There will be a 16-story Big SNOW Ski and Snowboard Park, a large indoor facility for skiing and snowboarding.
  • There will also be a DreamWorks Waterpark. The waterpark will stand strong at a whopping 8 acres, ideal for accompanying hundreds of eager swimmers.
  • Let’s not forget the NHL-sized hockey and ice skating rinks, perfect for those winter months when you don’t want to deal with the crowds at Rockefeller Center.
  • Mobile game lovers, unite! Remember the game Angry Birds? The series focuses on multi-colored birds which tried to save their eggs from green-colored pigs. Well the game is coming to life as an 18-hole mini golf course is set to open.
    angry birds new jersey mini golf american dream mall
  • Where are all of the Lego loving kids (and adults) at? Let your imagination run free at the Legoland Discovery Center!
  • Did someone say aquarium? The Triple Five Group did! It is bringing some of the world’s finest sea crawlers to the American Dream Mall.
  • Now back to Nickelodeon! The Nickelodeon Universe theme park will have two giant roller coasters!
  • If you’re talented and you know it, and you really want to show it, head to KidZania: the live Performing Arts Center to see a show or simply show off!
  • At the end of the day, sometimes you just want to put your feet up and relax. That’s why a large and luxurious movie theater is coming to the mall.

But wait! Before you get your play on, get your shop on! From higher ends shops like Tiffany & Co., Barneys, Saks Fifth Avenue, Dole & Gabbana to more affordable options such as H&M, the mall is getting those cash registers ready!

Since the mall is located in Bergen County, all retail stores will remain closed on Sundays due to the Blue Laws, but the rest of the mall will stay open seven days a week.

While we do not know which locations will be opened Oct. 25, we can definitely expect to see them coming soon as construction is in full swing!