At the meeting of the Holmdel Board of Education held on March 15, the board…
- Adopted the 2017-2018 “Not to Exceed” budget, as mandated by the New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE).
- Set a district maximum for expenses related to professional development for the 2017-2018 school year, as mandated by the NJDOE.
- Reminded the public that a hearing on the 2017-2018 school district budget will take place on April 26.
- Approved presenters for the district Professional Development Day on March 17. Topics would include: Mindfulness, Accommodations & Modifications in General Education Classes, AED Use, Differentiation through Technology, Games for Differentiated Language Development, Higher Order Questioning for Differentiation, Math Workshop, Next Level Classroom Practices for Differentiation.
- Approved a field trip for the Holmdel High School Robotics Team to compete in the Eastern Regional Robotics competition being held at the University of Scranton.
- Provided the public with background information on the conduct of a referendum vote and the details of the Holmdel 2020 Initiative. E-mail your questions or comments to Holmdel2020@holmdelschools.org.
Read the full meeting agenda, listen to the audio, and see the latest Superintendent’s Report to the board on the district website at www.holmdelschools.org.